President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Mariachi Grill
(585) 424-4411

Southeast Quadrant
400 Jefferson Rd Jefferson Plaza
Rochester, NY 14623

No website and not a lot of info on this place.

Tries the chimichanga and it was very good.
Service was fast.
Prices were decent. I would eat there again for sure.
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Is all mexican food just bland lettuce, globs of cheese, and over-cooked beans and over seasoned grilled meat, or am I going to the wrong place?

I went here again, and although I devoured the pork whatchamacallits, it seems everything on the menue is (beef/chicken) + tortilla + melted cheese + sour cream + lettuce + refried beans and rice on the side. It's just that each dish has them in different orders. Some have the cheese on top, some have it on the bottom.

I'm okay with that, and I enjoy mexican food for a break, but the prices have gone up, and I wondering if I'm missing out on something else to this cuisine.

Tortilla chips they have asre bland and stale. Pretty much every time I go. I can't see these chips doing nothing buy hurting this place.
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Matt wrote:Is all mexican food just bland lettuce, globs of cheese, and over-cooked beans and over seasoned grilled meat, or am I going to the wrong place?
Tortilla chips they have asre bland and stale. Pretty much every time I go. I can't see these chips doing nothing buy hurting this place.
Yeah, that's a good description of Mexican food as far as I can tell. Hit this place right off the plane last night. Three people in my party ordered 3 different meals and they all pretty much looked the same. The place has a decent feel to it. I disagree that the chips are stale. Ours were warm and fresh - very crispy, and served with a fresh (but disappointingly thin) spicy salsa. They brought us more without us asking - and we couldn't finish all of them.

When the meals came, we could have interchanged and not known the difference. Each had, as you described, gooey beans, rice, lettuce with sour cream and tomatoes, and something or other wrapped up in a tortilla.

The service this time was just ok. Very bland and emotionless, slightly unattentive, but nothing specific to gripe about. The music was loud, but added ambiance to the experience.

I can do Mexican once or twice a year. This place has pretty good prices and a huge selection. It all looks the same, as Matt said, so order anything! It's pretty good, and whatever you choose will probably look and taste the same as every other diner there.

Here's my beef chimichanga...
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic