85 Main St
Brockport, NY 14420
585-391-3680
http://stephensloft.shutterfly.com/

Hours
Open Monday - Saturday
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: 5:00pm-10:00pm

Fine dining in Brockport? Well, OK - maybe.... but if your dinners start at $25, you'd better damned well get everything right. This place doesn't. It wasn't horrible, but it was definitely not worth the price - as I find most "fine dining" isn't! If I can prepare it and plate it better than you, you won't impress me.

The "loft" space was fresh, warm, pleasant, comfortable and tastefully decorated in black, white and gold. Our server had a fun sense of humor and was very efficient. I managed to get a "Praise Jesus" and a "Thank God, Hallelujah" from her. 8) :P :D :up:

The busboy was TOO attentive and quick to clear dishes. He also had absolutely no clue on the etiquette of plate clearing.....as he removed (I counted) 7 dirty plates from my fellow diner to the left - and pulled them directly over my own plate as I ate. GROSS! GROSS! GROSS! Really hard to believe. No one taught him the basics? Serve from the left and remove from the right - not friggin' over my plate!!!! :angry: I don't care what side you serve me from anywhere else - but if you're going to go all hoity toity and claim to be fine dining - do it properly!

The meals were nicely presented and with fairly generous portions. I was disappointed to find there was only 1 vegetarian option on the painfully limited menu. I debated between the dry scallops and the ribeye steak with blue cheese and caramelized onions. Beef is something I don't eat much of and for a treat, went with that. Bad choice. I didn't know that ribeye is a very fatty cut - blech! For $29, how about a filet? :up: I ordered it rare, which is was. A plus. The taste was good enough - but nothing I will remember.

Atmosphere 4/5
Service 3/5
Food 3/5
Value for price 1.5/5

Will I return for dinner? No way
Lunch? Perhaps

My meal - Center cut ribeye steak, served with Maytag Blue cheese, topped with roasted garlic sauce, and orange marmalade onions

There were 5 in our party, and everyone had dessert but me. Looked good. And reportedly was good. I'd rather skip dessert and come home to a few glasses of wine. :wine: :wine: :wine:
Prices have increased since opening in November - online menu doesn't reflect current pricing. :roll:
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

It looks good!
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

their website is a free "shutterfly" account :confused:
Fine establishment indeed.
Linda1
Rookie

Dear Kelly,
After reading your review, we at Stephen's Loft were extremely sad that your experience was not top notch. I remember your group and how much fun you seemed to be having. Leslie, your waitress, even comented on how she really enjoyed taking care of you. Stephen truly wants his customer's to love what he has prepared and takes it very personally if someone is not totally happy. If you would have mentioned at the time that you were not happy with your meal Stephen would be the first one to offer you a different entree. It sounds unlikely that you will return again which is what makes us sad. Your opinion really matters to us and I want you to know that it did not fall on deaf ears. And also, we have done away with busboys so that is a fixed problem. Thank you for your feed back. Best to you in your future dining experiences.
Linda
Manager at Stephens Loft