Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Jack'ss Bbq & Pizza
3055 Buffalo Road
Rochester, NY 14624-2416

(585) 247-0123 ‎

Wow... someone combined Pizza and BBQ in one take-out place?! Count me in.

Went there with my dad and was immediately struck by the lack of BBQ options. It's pretty much pizza, pulled pork, or ribs. There were some steak sandwiches, so that's what we got. I love a good cheesesteak and will get them where I can. Uh oh... it takes the cashier several attempts to WRITE DOWN the order... then... she rings it up and it comes out as $98. Nope... try again... this is not a good sign.

The sandwiches were bad. We were astounded by the blandness of the meat. Unseasoned, flavorless filling that looked and felt like hot beef, but tasted like... absolutely nothing. We both looked at each other... and said the same thing "this has no flavor!" The two slices of thin deli swiss was minuscule in comparison to the amount of cheese that should be loaded into a philly sandwich. How could they screw this up? Even my peppers and onions were just flavored with the pil they were fired in. The bread was fresh and toasted quite nice, but I did not come here for bread, I came here for meat. Big thumbs down for a "BBQ" joint not being capable of seasoning even the most simplest of their offerings. A waste of a sandwich.

I also tried an unique offering: Greek fries. They turned out to be just food service fried, with some dried herbs sprinkled on, and a small amount of feta crumbles. Every restaurant should know that after topping fries with cheese (of any kind) they have to pop it into the microwave to help the cheese melt a bit. They didn't... and no feta made it into my mouth with the fries. The crumbles were completely separate. I would need a fork to eat them. They also should have used fresh herbs, mix them with olive oil and drizzled them over the fries. Dried herbs? Come on. When your customers can cook better than you, why are you even trying. Just close up and go home.

On a positive note the onion rings were decent, but with Rohrbach's down the road, just go there instead.
I have heard their pizza is a step above frozen. It's a shame, I would love to have a BBQ place nearby, but there's no way I will return to this place.

0 out of 5
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I had to bump this up a grade because I have become addicted to their pizza.
I had their Buffalo Chicken Pizza and it was loaded with chicken and super spicy. Also the crust... the perfect thickness and crispy, but not dry.
Still the service needs work. I walk in and everyone is in the kitchen, no one wants to come out and serve me. Otherwise, worth a shot.