Local ice cream joint of choice?

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

do they still do that chart on the wall of the people who eat the most scoops in a year. I'm always astounded by the top people. When I retire, i will focus my life more towards being a champion ice cream eater like those fine ladies and gents.
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Chocolate peanut butter ice cream cake

Taking the back roads home from Buffalo this past weekend, I discovered a little gem of a place called Cream & Sugar Cafe. They actually just opened within the last week and don't yet have a website. It's being designed currently, but if you're on Facebook, you can check them out here: https://www.facebook.com/CreamAndSugarIceCreamCafe

It's owned by a young couple and is housed in, well....a house. It appears that the wife is an artist, as she hand lettered the dozen and a half chalkboard menus and also the outdoor logo/sign. It's charming. The outdoor seating is very nice - not just cheap junk....nice glass tables, heavy metal chairs and umbrellas.

They serve all Perry's but make their own toppings like hot fudge, caramel, etc. and desserts. Tons of coffee, tea, fresh squeezed juice and other things I can't remember. I only had an iced chai latte, which was great. The portions are very generous and prices very reasonable. The owners were kind as could be, and having just opened were still giving change back from dixie cups. The cash drawer is on its way, as are lots of other cool thingamajigs and whatchamacallits, I'd guess.

I stopped because it looked cute and inviting - and was glad I did. If you're in the area......it's worth a stop. Not your run of the mill ice cream joint.

Cream and Sugar Cafe
179 East Ave, Lockport (city), New York 14094
(716) 434-3808
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

Matt wrote:do they still do that chart on the wall of the people who eat the most scoops in a year. I'm always astounded by the top people. When I retire, i will focus my life more towards being a champion ice cream eater like those fine ladies and gents.
I've honestly never been inside! :oops: We ordered from the window on this last visit. I typically have their ice cream at other events like Cork & Fork or Pickin' in the Pasture. I'll have to check next time.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Has anyone hit up any of the Frozen Yogurt places that have sprung up. I went to that Yolishious place in Gates and it was crappy. I have been to a few in NYC and was impressed. Not sure if i want to try any others until i get impressions from real people.