Local ice cream joint of choice?

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Abbott's is always great if I'm in Charlotte by the beach, but otherwise it's overpriced soft-serve. (The sundaes are cute though).

Recently Bruster's in Henrietta has got me wowing over their amazing homemade hard ice cream. Especially the raspberry and cherry. Prices are good too. Haven't tried any sundaes.
HaloGirl
Veteran Board Expert
Veteran Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX10 IS & Applie iPhone

My husband and I enjoy getting sundaes at Abbott's (love the peanut butter one). If we're in Pittsford, we also like Coldstone Creamery (but it's not "local").

Where's Bruster's in Henrietta? Sounds like something I should check out.
Matt
President
President

2755 East Henrietta Road, Henrietta, NY
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Another vote for Brusters and Ive only been there once. Usually go to Papa Jacks on Main Street in Victor since I can walk there. Its pretty good.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Bill_K
VIP
VIP
Camera Model: Panasonic DMC-FZ8 and Canon Rebel XSi

Since I live so close to Abbotts in Charlotte that's the best for me but, I agree they are very overpriced for what you get. We need more competition at the lake.
To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.
*Giorgio de Chirico*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walking_trails/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/billk
Matt
President
President

Went to Bruster's with my dad last week. Had the Key Lime Pie ice cream. Wow. delicious. It has this pie crust paste that's kind of crunchy, really balances out the lime.
HaloGirl
Veteran Board Expert
Veteran Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX10 IS & Applie iPhone

Went to Bruster's tonight - it was really good. I had a waffle cone "single" that was enormous (so glad I didn't ask for a "double") with Peanut Butter Puddles ice cream (vanilla ice cream with drops of peanut butter and chocolate krispies). I would definitely get the ice cream flavor again, but as good as the cone was, their smallest size was really too much for me. My husband reminded me I didn't have to eat it all, but I just couldn't bring myself to throwing out such tasty ice cream. My husband had a chocolate malted shake that he liked really well (after asking for more malt).

I was a little surprised to find out Bruster's is a franchise - not that it really matters to me - I was just expecting it to be local based on the title of this topic. Our neighbor's recommended Read's Ice Cream to us, which is a local shop just south of the Henrietta Bruster's. We'll probably check it out as well sometime.
Matt
President
President

Locally, owned franchise, I think...
They start serving their famous black raspberry May 1... mmmm