July 2013 Photo Challenge: Bug Off!!

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

We have a Winner!

Image Image
Kelly

Most of the what went into selecting the winner for the Bug-off was not the photo itself, but the selection of specimens found during the bug-off. It seems as though Kelly spend most of the month laying in the grass with her macro lens. The section of critters, especially the unknown ones is astounding. This one is particularly mysterious, and the photo of it traversing the large leaf landscape is well done.
This is Kelly's 11th win (she isn't allowed to win challenges she comes up with).

As far as challenges go, this was one of the best in the history of the site. Every brought in interesting, and some frightening, bugs to identify and gawk at. I can't wait for next year.
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

Way cool! I loved the photos for this challenge too! Congrats, once again, Kelly!
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

Kelly's 11th wow! Great job and that guy was cool too. I could see him in a Pixar movie.
Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

Great choice Matt...Kelly is definitely the bug lady! How could you not award her? That's a sweet photo, Kelly. Congrats on another winner! :)
Mikell
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Oh my goodness! Well, thank you. Really enjoyed seeing everyone's photos for this challenge!!
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic