The lost photos of Vivian Maier

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Yes, very much! We both did! I wasn't sure what he'd think, but I overheard him telling one of our boys he'd give it a 10/10! Not sure he's ever given a movie a 10. (Especially the ones I drag him to!) So yeah, I think it appeals to a wide audience. Not just photographers. I recommend it highly.

It will be playing at the Zoetropolis in Lancaster in the next week or two. I think you and Angie would enjoy it.

Still not scheduled to come to Rochester as far as I can tell. But Geneva, NY has been added.

Glad to see it getting nice reviews. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/finding_vivian_maier/
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I watched the BBC doc. Pretty compelling story. In the age of film it was rare to have collectors like that. These days they are a dime a dozen. Based on the volume of her photos, very few are gems. Most are above average for a non-professional. All are time capsules.

I think this day and age if you go around shooting people on the street and their kids without their permission in Chicago, you will get the shit kicked out of you or killed real fast.