Stream Reflections

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Thanks Kelly & Des219 ! I took picture without tripod. I bought a Samsung WB350F Smart camera, that I carry while at work. It does have IS but if you zoom in on photo, you can see some vibration in the boat in dock. This camera's ISO starts at 80, 100 etc. It also has A, S, M modes. F 2.8 to F 8.6 too, 16 MP. In the modes above, what's nice is the camera will show you what your photo will look like BEFORE you take it! So I don't get "wash-outs". I added another shot at 1/30 sec, F 4.0, ISO 80, so you see difference. Unlike my Nikon P510 which has double IS on it. Using the Samsung to view a photo and mimicking the same settings on my Nikon help too.
Have a great holiday weekend all!
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Comments welcome
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

Great photo Marty. I like the large depth of field. Everything looks sharp. The curve of the stream is a nice touch too. The only thing I would maybe change would be to try and capture the top of the trees in the background, but that is just my preference.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Thank you for the input! I've shot this place before and others like this. Other comments I got on past photos, they told me less sky is better!
So here is the same one, where I took the amount of sky showing and halved it. I like some sky myself too.
Last edited by pgflyer1 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

I was here on my way back from deliveries. No tripod, camera has IS, I always shoot in aperture mode when using my vari-ND filter and the camera picks the lowest ISO it can first, Even thought I preset to 80, it doesn't always take that. I used a "fixed" CPL behind the ND filter too.
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

great stuff, Marty!
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Thanks Matt ! If you get a minute, look at " New Hope Mills ". I didn't see this posted before and added it under "Dams". You may want someone to go there and take some photos before next spring. Because if locals or owner doesn't repair leak area on the mill, I don't think there will be much left of it after 2015 spring thaw?
Jeduthan
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Kodak Easyshare C1450

Again I confess this is a canal, not a stream... Cycling with my wife on our tandem riding the Glens Falls Feeder Canal Trail on Memorial Day.
Attachments
014Flag.jpg
014Flag.jpg (163.27 KiB) Viewed 6283 times