Sri Dit Falls - Phetchabun, Thailand

Talk about waterfalls outside of New York state.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

macnmotion
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Canon 5D2

Hi everyone,

This weekend my wife and I took a trip to Phetchabun province, about 5 hours drive north of Thailand. The landscape reminded me much of areas south of Rochester, with rolling fields, beautiful hills, valleys and lakes. The mountains here, however, are much larger than near Rochester.

As we arrived in Phetchabun, we saw signs for Sri Dit Waterfall in Khao Koh. A quick search on Google looked interesting enough for us to make a stop. Unfortunately, it's March, and the end of the long dry season in Thailand, so the falls weren't running very well. Here is a photo. I'd love to go back after the rainy season for another look.

Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Hi Andy! I'm not sure if I knew you had gotten married. Congratulations! Looks like a beautiful place. It's so nice to have you still contributing to the forum and remembering your old friends here in the frigid North! ;) :up:
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
macnmotion
Senior
Senior

Hi Kelly,

Yes I got married in January, a real Thai wedding. Quite an experience!!

Fortunately my wife loves to travel and loves the outdoors. And almost everywhere we go there are several waterfalls to visit. Whenever I see a sign for a waterfall, my initial thought is that I'll be able to photograph another one to share on NY Falls!! After the rainy season, we plan on visiting Thailand's most beautiful waterfall, Thi Lo Su. You can see a Google image of it here: Image
As always, I'll be in touch!! Andy
Last edited by Kelly on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Included image in post
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

Congratulations Andy! That's wonderful news. You've been on quite the journey since you left NY, eh? I agree with Kelly, that it's nice to still hear from you! How are all the pups? I'd love to see some photos of them as well.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I want to go!!! awesome!
macnmotion
Senior
Senior

Matt, I can't wait to go to Thi Lo Su. If you ever get the urge to visit Thailand, we can go waterfall hunting together.

Hi Brenda, thanks for asking about the dogs. Things have changed, that's for sure. My oldest, Arleigh, died a couple years ago. My 8 year old Monty died about 4 months ago -- a terrible accidental death due to eating a mango pit (ugh). I still had Elan, a now 5 year old Belgian Shepherd but it was the first time in 20 years I was without a golden. Amazingly, I found a breeder here in Bangkok with dogs imported from NY, in fact he owns a half brother to my brother's dog! So about 5 weeks ago we brought home Cruiser, and he's fantastic. Here's a photo.

Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

I'm sorry to hear of Arleigh's and Monty's passing. I know that you went to great lengths to have them with you. It never gets any easier, does it? It's hard to believe that Elan is five already! Time certainly does fly. Cruiser is adorable! I truly love Goldens but out here they'd be a matted mess. I'm curious, how do you rate veterinary care there? Did you find that there were a number of options when it came to finding a vet?
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
macnmotion
Senior
Senior

Hi Brenda,

There are plenty of animal hospitals here, but I haven't found anything that comes close to the care, knowledge and attention I got at Brighton Animal Hospital. When Monty needed emergency care and surgery I took him to a large teaching hospital, quite a trip away from my house (I spent a lot of time sleeping on their benches because it was too far to go back and forth). One of the Princesses (King's daughter) is training in veterinary surgery and she participated in Monty's first surgery. For normal vet care there are two good veterinary hospitals within a mile of my house.

Thailand also has a culture of overmedication (for humans), and I see this trend at the vet as well. I'm very careful of what I allow to be prescribed for the dogs, and have many times checked in with Brighton Animal Hospital to get a second opinion.