Salt Springs State Park, PA

Talk about waterfalls outside of New York state.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon Rebel T1i / Samsung S730

Found a nice little bit of nature just over the border from me in Salt Springs State Park, Pennsylvania.

-----
spec
americanhero
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Canon S95, Canon D10, Nikon D90

wonderful pictures, it looks like a really great place.
I guess this must be simply awesome with some colored leaves :D
Yvonne Baur Photography

my photo stream on flickr: Yvonne Baur
katlupe
Rookie
Camera Model: Canon EOS REBEL T1i

Oh this brought back memories! When my husband and I first started dating, he'd take me there. We explored the whole area, looking for arrow heads. Thank you for the awesome photos!
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Wonder what the heck was going on that I missed all these posts a few weeks ago? This is the 3rd post that is new to me over the past week. Great photos Andy! Looks like a great place to check out. How many falls line the creek? Tallest?
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

katlupe wrote:Oh this brought back memories! When my husband and I first started dating, he'd take me there. We explored the whole area, looking for arrow heads. Thank you for the awesome photos!

No problem, and thank _you_!! I enjoy this place as well, and it's just a hop skip and jump from me, so I can always make a quick trip of it. I'm hoping to get down there sometime this winter and check it out. Should be awesome!
-----
spec
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

hobkyl wrote:Wonder what the heck was going on that I missed all these posts a few weeks ago? This is the 3rd post that is new to me over the past week. Great photos Andy! Looks like a great place to check out. How many falls line the creek? Tallest?

Thanks Kyle! It's three falls altogether, with the 3rd being two distinct drops that folks tend to consider as one waterfall. Tallest is the 2nd falls at ~15-18ft, 3rd falls (both drops) is about 13ft, and the first falls is about 10ft. The park has a series of trails that all end up converging atop the 3rd falls, so that one tends to be the most popular. The trail in the creekbed is quite fun -- it _requires_ climbing the first falls. There's no side trail up and around or anything. You either go up the falls, or you turn around and go back to catch another trail. :)

In my shots above:
1st falls - #4
2nd falls - #5
3rd falls - #9
-----
spec
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

nice set. Seems like you had a good day!
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

So, is the water there flowing through some sort of salt formation before it emerges, or are there some salt springs in the area?