Covered Bridges

Discuss and show off your photos of Lighthouses, Dams, Covered Bridges, Canals, and Historic Landmarks here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly, hoohaa

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Madison County, Iowa I think.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon 7D

olmstead wrote: I know there's a bridge down in Newfield south of Ithaca.
I hit that one up a few weeks ago. I'll have some things up on that soon. I'm slowly getting the other covered bridges I've visited so I can do a thread like the Fitch's Bridge one. :)
My photo blog: P.J.'s look at the world
My regular blog: A 'lil HooHaa
My flickr: HooHaa Photos

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

I haven't forgotten about the covered bridges and plan on putting up a couple of new threads in the coming days. I have a couple new bridges to add.

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

New Hope has a covered bridge. Actually used as a driveway for the owners of the Mill. I'm sure it counts, though...
hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

Warmer weather is a coming. I have a few covered bridge trips hopefully planned and will have more to post here.

Been a while, but I've actually been away from the computer more since I've found this geocaching.

My camera filed for marriage counseling, so I'm working on getting better again. :)

cbobcat49

I just remembered that there's a covered bridge in Allegany State Park. Not for cars, it's only a bicycle pedestrian bridge. I'll post it if I find a picture of it.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

cbobcat49 wrote:I just remembered that there's a covered bridge in Allegany State Park. Not for cars, it's only a bicycle pedestrian bridge. I'll post it if I find a picture of it.
I've tried to do a little research on this one and can't seem to find much info. My guess is that it's just a bridge that is covered. I still love ones like this, but it's not on the "historical" list of the covered bridges. I'd be interested to see some of the photos if you find them.

cbobcat49

I found a photo. It is definitely not "historical". I actually remember when they built it. In the late 80s I think.
Attachments
covered bridge.jpg