Covered Bridges

Discuss and show off your photos of Lighthouses, Dams, Covered Bridges, Canals, and Historic Landmarks here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly, hoohaa

Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Thanks for that map, PJ! It's great to see them all plotted out. Will be headed down around #16-20 in August and September of this year and May of next. I'll look forward to finding the ones that are accessible. Photographed the ones around the Oneonta area last year.
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Only one in WNY?
hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon 7D

Yeah and I don't even really consider the Ithaca/Newfield region totally Western NY. Well, at least I never personally thought of being in Ithaca as being in "Western NY."

But yea, that's the only one out that way. As you can see, there aren't many left in the state of historic value. There might be, for all I know, some newer covered bridge or walking covered bridge in Western NY, but it's not of historic value.
My photo blog: P.J.'s look at the world
My regular blog: A 'lil HooHaa
My flickr: HooHaa Photos

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon 7D

It's been a while, but I finally added another covered bridge to my list of NY Historic Bridges -- Jay Covered Bridge, which is in the Adirondack's, near Lake Placid (kind of). I took a geocaching trip with some friends and there was one located near this bridge, so -- of course -- I had to stop. With time and weather, I didn't get to do as many shots as I would have liked, but I got some decent ones. I'd like to re-visit this one some day as it's a nice one. I'll post a few images here, once I get things processed.
My photo blog: P.J.'s look at the world
My regular blog: A 'lil HooHaa
My flickr: HooHaa Photos

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
RickyMac22
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Canon 7d

1 of the covered bridges in Vermont was destroyed in 2011 during the flooding from Hurricane Irene. There's videos of it on youtube.