Floating Bridge in Vermont

Discuss and show off your photos of Lighthouses, Dams, Covered Bridges, Canals, and Historic Landmarks here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly, hoohaa

ShanaD

Here is a photo of a floating Bridge in Brookfield, VT. You have to drive "into" the water. :shock: The bridge is supported by barrels under the wooden planks. In the center of the bridge, the depth is not determined. I have a fear of bridges, and being a passenger in the car was difficult, especially when we had to go BACK over it! I couldn't decide what would be worse, staying in the car or actually walking over it. At least while I was in the car, "nature coulnd't touch me" but being inthe car could have been a "death trap" if one of the barrels didn't do it's job.
Vermont 03 002.jpg
Vermont 03 002.jpg (42.14 KiB) Viewed 6018 times
Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D3100 & Canon A4000 IS

I have to give you credit! I do not think I would have stayed in the car ... :headshake:
ShanaD

I also forget to mention that you can "hear" the barrels kicking around while you are driving over them. :shock:
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

I couldn't have crossed it! It's too close to one of my childhood nightmares!
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon 7D

It's kind of funny... as much as I love covered bridges...

I hate bridges. I don't like driving over them. Don't like going over them. If I was going to do this one, I think it would have to be by foot. At least then I feel I have a fighting chance if something happens.
My photo blog: P.J.'s look at the world
My regular blog: A 'lil HooHaa
My flickr: HooHaa Photos

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D3100 & Canon A4000 IS

That did not help me any Matt! :lol: :shrug:. I might think about walking over it ... but I would never go over it in a car!
ShanaD

I bet that this is going to be fun to cross after all the rain we have been getting. :shock: