Hamden Covered Bridge

Discuss and show off your photos of Lighthouses, Dams, Covered Bridges, Canals, and Historic Landmarks here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly, hoohaa

hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon 7D

Not far from the first bridge I wrote about (Fitch's) is the Hamden Covered Bridge. Like the first, we didn't realize how lucky we were to have these bridges so close to us. This one, like many others, was rebuilt. It's strong and standing well now. It also has a small part on the main side of it where you can sit and such.

Located off State Route 10 in Hamden, this one is a 125-foot bridge that crosses the West Branch of the Delaware River. The bridge will lead you from a back-river road to Route 10. If you come from that side, once you cross the bridge, you'll go up a small incline to the main drag. If taking Route 10 from the town of Delhi, once you enter Hamden, it'll be on your left. If you reach the middle of town, you've gone too far. If coming from the Walton side, it'll be on your right side and if you miss it then, you better make an appointment with the eye doctor! :)

For photos, I've parked on both sides as it's easy to keep your vehicle out of the camera's range. It's a little tougher to get really good side shots, but it can be done.

Hamden is a nice little town. As for other photo ops, not too sure. But I'm going to be likely going there this weekend, so if I find some good things, I'll post them here with an edit.
My photo blog: P.J.'s look at the world
My regular blog: A 'lil HooHaa
My flickr: HooHaa Photos

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

From the Route 10 side.

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

Also from the Route 10 side...

hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

The inside...

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

another great set of photos (especially the last one) and good information! I may have to start shooting bridges now.
hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

Matt wrote:another great set of photos (especially the last one) and good information! I may have to start shooting bridges now.
Good! The more, the merrier. And like I've said, covered bridges don't take long to shoot. Maybe 15-30 minutes, tops. So if you plan it well, you can hit some other things in that area!

Bill_K
VIP
VIP
Camera Model: Panasonic DMC-FZ8 and Canon Rebel XSi

Here's my shot of the Hamden Bridge. I spent a lot of time at Delhi College this past Summer and drove past it every day.

To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.
*Giorgio de Chirico*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walking_trails/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/billk
hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

Very nice.. did you get to check out Fitch's Bridge in Delhi as well? It's another great covered bridge.