Cool new photography gadgets

Discuss everything including the optimal equipment, seasons, techniques and tips for capturing excellent photos.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Thanks for the impressions. I'm going to have to get a set this year. Odd that it looks like it has a red tint t the filter in that one pic.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Could the "red" be a reflection from the mag-ring? I shot pictures in "macro" and used the flash.
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

I found the problem with my camera and your magfilter. My receipt from amazon says I bought the 36 mm size. BUT I measured the mag rings that came with my kit, they are the "42 mm" size rings. Amazon sent me the wrong size kit. Also I carry my smaller camera with me. I keep it in my pocket to keep it warm in this cold weather, recently I went to use camera, when I opened the camera up the ring fell off my camera. So there is a problem with the adhession problem between my aluminum alloy camera and the adhesive on the ring. I emailed Amazon and told them about the problem. It maybe the entire kit is the wrong size. Waiting for answers from Magfilter, Amazon and third party shipper.
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

I got some answers, third party shipper for Amazon didn't have a 36mm kit. Sent Amazon the 42mm kit and Amazon sent that kit to me. Even though on the amazon website, it shows that there are two NEW ones available. There really isn't, I just got off the phone with amazon and they told me the best they can do is refund my order because the 36mm isn't available wright now. I haven't heard back from Magfilter on this yet still waiting.
Magfilter said they would do all they could to get me the kit I need. In the meantime I found a 36mm Magfilter on Ebay. I bought the new kit and it's being shipped to me. I also sent a meassage Magfilter that I found one. I don't think I'll be buying anything on Amazon soon! Talking with a customer rep, she told me she checked both warehouses and niether has a 36mm kit. They knew this and sent me the wrong one to begin with. The bast thing I get a full refund on my purchse. If your buying on Amazon? Call and talk to a rep, make sure they do have your product to ship to you.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

I got my "correct" size polarizer filter for my small camera today. BOY! those little rings really want to stick fast. Used a exacto knife to lift off and reset to get it right. And I just set it on lens housing gently too. Now I'll take it out soon and see how well it works. I bought it on Ebay and it was delivered in a week.
Question: Looking at webpage through filter and turning it slowly, I can actually make the screen disapear from view! WHY?
Have a nice day all!
Filter 36 001.JPG
Filter 36 001.JPG (58.66 KiB) Viewed 7276 times
Filter 36 002.JPG
Filter 36 002.JPG (57.8 KiB) Viewed 7276 times
Filter 36 003.JPG
Filter 36 003.JPG (58.44 KiB) Viewed 7276 times
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

your screen probably has an antiglare coating... and is polarized, and thus lets light out only at a certain angle. When you turn your circular polarizer to the angle the counters what your screen puts out, then it blocks most fo the light.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Thanks! Never even thought about the screen..
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook