Cool new photography gadgets

Discuss everything including the optimal equipment, seasons, techniques and tips for capturing excellent photos.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

I looked at ebay and found an extension filter tube that fits my Coolpix P510 and lets me use filters on my camera. And a 3 pack of filters: UV, Warming filter and a circular polarizer. So I'll be a little more prepared for spring pictures. Less than $ 50.00 total with shipping.
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

That's what I did for my first compact Olympus.... bought a cheap third party tube and a kit of filters. Worked wonderfully. I pretty much kept the tube on at all times.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

I just emailed MagFilter to see if the 36mm system will work on my Nikon Coolpix S9050 camera? On this camera, the lens opening is a square. At the diaginal corners it looks like 27mm, and the filter ring is 28mm. If it does then I will probably get it soon. Then I'll have both cameras with polarizers on them.
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

MagFilter said the 36mm system will work on my Coolpix S9050 camera. On order, will document putting it on my camera when it gets here.
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

ApproachingLight wrote:Go Pro 3

Not sure this is a "new" gadget, but check out the video...

http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero3-black-edition
My nephew actually got that for Christmas...........and he plays the trombone. I'm sure this is WAY too tame for him, but - I would like him to make me a video just like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI14uCX8msI

(And yes. I've seen the remix. :down:)
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

With that "Gro Pro" camera attached, will start giving a lot of people new ideas what to attach it too! Interesting video, makes me dizzy watching it! LOL !
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Trombone!? Kelly the video is not longer there.Darn. I am surprised at the quality. For the price, it seems very good. Be curious if anyone has had any personal experience with it.

David
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

ApproachingLight wrote:Trombone!? Kelly the video is not longer there.Darn. I am surprised at the quality. For the price, it seems very good. Be curious if anyone has had any personal experience with it.
David
Hmmmm. Ok. I fixed it. We'll see if that one lasts.
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic