Photo Contests

Discuss everything including the optimal equipment, seasons, techniques and tips for capturing excellent photos.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

cascade wrote:Thanks guys. It was a nice surprise when I got the email saying I was the winner. I received a follow up email yesterday saying they sent my prize package (1night stay at Geneva on the lake 439.00 value, 5 copies of the magazine & a plaque with my image on it) to the wrong person. They are working on resolving the problem & I should have the package in 10 days. Feel bad for the person that has to give it up( not my plaque but the rest).
I told Mark flat out that I wasn't returning any of it! I'm even going to have the plaque altered, damn it! :lol:
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
cascade
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Nikon D70S Nikon D90

Chris wrote:Wow that would be disappointing, glad they're working on it for you. Congrats again it is a great shot, I really like how you captured the sun's rays in it.
Thanks Chris.
Brenda wrote: I told Mark flat out that I wasn't returning any of it! I'm even going to have the plaque altered, damn it! :lol:
I am sure Mark would be willing to duplicate the prize so we can both have one.
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

cascade wrote:I am sure Mark would be willing to duplicate the prize so we can both have one.
For what I've paid him for advertising over the past four years, I could have stayed there several times myself! Just kidding. I am happy to support such a fine publication in whatever modest way that I can.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Rosamond Gifford Zoo

http://www.rosamondgiffordzoo.org/photo-contest

The 2011 contest begins January 2 and ends January 31; winners will be announced February 25. Categories include:

Youth (ages 5-12)
Teen (ages 13-18)
Adult (ages 19+)
Best "Winter at the Zoo" photo
Best action shot
Best animal portrait (NEW CATEGORY)
Best digitally enhanced photo
Complimentary zoo admission is offered to contest participants who show their camera and present the coupon available here. The contestant must fill out the coupon in its entirety before giving it to the ticket booth attendant. This coupon allows one entrant, with a limit of one entrant per household or group per day, to enter the zoo free of charge.
HaloGirl
Veteran Board Expert
Veteran Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX10 IS & Applie iPhone

Spay Day Pet Photo Contest

http://photocontest.humanesociety.org/c ... ontestid=3

Submissions will be accepted from January 19 through February 25. Prizes will be awarded in two categories: Fundraisers and Judged. Voting in the Fundraisers Category begins January 19 and ends at 10:00 p.m. EST on March 3. Winners will be selected by March 16

Some cool prizes for pet owners!
George
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Nikon D300, Calumet 4x5

Celebrating New York's Forests Photo Contest

In honor of International Year of Forests, The NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Division of Lands and Forests kicks off the Celebrating New York's Forests Photo Contest. This contest is an effort to increase awareness of and appreciation for all types of forests, urban and rural, large and small, public and privately owned, across the state.

We are looking for the best photos in the following categories:

Nature (wildlife, plants, natural landscapes, etc.)
Enjoying the forest (hunting, fishing, trails, camping, hiking, etc.)
Trees where we live (parks, streets, yards, etc.)
Forest products (maple syrup, lumber, baseball bats, furniture, etc.)
State-owned forests (State Forests, Forest Preserve lands, forested Wildlife Management Areas, Campgrounds)
All submissions must be received by close of business on November 1, 2011.

Full rules at http://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/75396.html
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

that's a good one.
George
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Nikon D300, Calumet 4x5

The "prize" is just a framed copy of your photo, but heck, we're in a fiscal crisis. You might also get published in the Conservationist.