Aerial Views of the Falls

The place to talk about the world famous waterfall attraction, the tourism, and the condition of each side of the border.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Artist4God
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: FUJI S3200

These are several aerial views that I took from the Sklon Towers in Niagara Falls Canada and the (no longer there) tethered balloon ride (on the American side) of the Niagara River, Canadian Horseshoe Falls, and the American Falls and surrounding area. Enjoy! Please share any aerial view you may have too. Thanks!
0gIMG_1239.jpg
0gIMG_1243.jpg
0gIMG_1248.jpg
0scgIMG_1235.jpg
0scgIMG_1241.jpg
0scgIMG_1249.jpg
0scgIMG_1250.jpg
0scgIMG_1525.jpg
God bless you and yours!
Rose
www.Artist4God.net
Artist4God
Senior
Senior

(And a few more)... Enjoy! You can click on them to see them bigger...
0scgIMG_2684.jpg
0scgIMG_2683.jpg
0scgIMG_2681.jpg
0scgIMG_2680.jpg
0scgIMG_1546.jpg
0scgIMG_1539.jpg
God bless you and yours!
Rose
www.Artist4God.net
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Beautiful pics! i have always wanted to do that tethered balloon ride, and the year I went to go do it... it was gone :(
There's not much left on the US side.
Artist4God
Senior
Senior

Matt wrote:Beautiful pics! i have always wanted to do that tethered balloon ride, and the year I went to go do it... it was gone :(
I am SO glad that I went on the balloon that year...because yes, the next time I went to the Falls it was gone. I got some great pictures up there...such a wonderful view. If I could afford it I'd take the helicopter ride for more great shots. Actually, I'm kind of glad there's not much on the American side, as the Canadian side is WAAAAY too crowded with tourists and tourist attractions....altho there are some I'd like to see. The latest Buffalo Magazine listed some I didn't know about and how it's a good time now, before the tourist season picks up, to go see them. Now to just get my "enhanced license" so I can go over the border again.
God bless you and yours!
Rose
www.Artist4God.net
Artist4God
Senior
Senior

Matt wrote:Beautiful pics! i have always wanted to do that tethered balloon ride, and the year I went to go do it... it was gone :(
BTW, have you been to the top of the Skylon Towers in Canada? The last 7 pictures I took from there...so that's still an option for you...best to go in the daytime tho, as the night shots didn't come out too good.
God bless you and yours!
Rose
www.Artist4God.net
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I did a while back, but the results weren't that great... it was just too misty of a day.
This summer I'm going to spend a few days there to redo my gallery.
Artist4God
Senior
Senior

Matt wrote:I did a while back, but the results weren't that great... it was just too misty of a day.
This summer I'm going to spend a few days there to redo my gallery.
Hope you can get some great shots then!
God bless you and yours!
Rose
www.Artist4God.net
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Those are beautiful Rose. Id love to do a heli ride some day. I don't really think its outrageously priced ($300ish) but Ive never had that much cash to devote to only 20mins of an excursion to Niagara Falls.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook