Niagara SkyWheel on Canadian side?

The place to talk about the world famous waterfall attraction, the tourism, and the condition of each side of the border.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

spartacusii
Junior
Junior

i was doing some surfing around the 'net', & came across a site for the SkyWheel on the canadian side. when i was there back late june, i don't recall seeing that when i looked across the river, but i very well could have missed it. i went back thru my pics, but the few that i have of the other side of the river appear that i may not have included the area that it appears it would be, so that didn't help me answer my question.

can anyone verify if it is still there & i just missed it, or has it been removed & the website is outdated?

TIA . . .

jp
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Its still there...went on it last month.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

it's still there an a major attraction. I haven't done it yet. It's modeled like the one in London... with air-conditioning!
It's right off of Clifton Hill near the Days Inn (i think), and you can see it from the american side.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

They claim its air conditioned...not so much though.

And if you are going to do that....look around for a discounted pass that allows you to experience 6-7 things in Clifton Hill for $30 vs. $10 a pop.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
spartacusii
Junior
Junior

thanx, guys. i kinda figured it would have to be visible from the american side - i obviously just wasn't being very observant. just for grins & giggles, i'll have to ask my wife if she has any recollection of seeing it.
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I made a note of it while I was there last weekend... since someone put up a 3 story rusty, carny-like wheel on the US side behind the Hard Rock... (some other kid rides, but it was all closed) and the Canadian side has this huge, air-conditioned pod wheel.