Favorite attraction? (not the falls)

The place to talk about the world famous waterfall attraction, the tourism, and the condition of each side of the border.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Excluding the falls or the gorge, what is a must see while you're there?

I think the butterfly conservatory is a must, then perhaps the nudie bars. :wink:
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

But you'll have to blindfold Shana for either! My stepson had his first experience with a nudie bar on his senior trip to Toronto. He and a buddy ditched the chaperons (after being spotted in the hotel bar), grabbed a cab and asked to be taken to the nearest bar...Yes, he always did have a way of providing us with more information than we wanted or needed to know.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
ShanaD

Yes, he would. Believe it or not I actually made it though the Bird Kingdom place pretty well, except for one giant bird, with a big, big bloody beak, that kept stalking me and wouldn't let me leave. He perched right above the exit door. Matt had to go the Butterfly place solo, I just couldn't bring myself to go in.
Mark J
Senior
Senior

If you guys like butterflies, and who wouldn't, go to the Butterfly Conservancy at the Museum of Natural History in New York City. http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/butterflies/ I was there in November, 2006, it was wicked awesome. Actually I probably live closer to New York, NY than some of you upstaters do. From my front door in New Hampshire to the museum on a Saturday morning, it's a four hour drive. But even if it takes you six hours to get there, go, it's worth it. They had their reptile exhibit on at the time, it was amazing. They also have an unbelievable collection of minerals and meteorites. Go!
hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon 7D

Nudie bars, for sure. :D
My photo blog: P.J.'s look at the world
My regular blog: A 'lil HooHaa
My flickr: HooHaa Photos

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
ShanaD

I actually liked the Bird Kingdom thing, even though I felt like I was going to poo my pants the entire time 'cause I am so nervous around birds. I also really like the Niagara on the Lake area, I have eaten at a really good steak house out there...It was the best steak I have ever had, hands down, best ever.