Oxbow Falls, Clockville

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

You may be able to get to the base of the falls. Trails go down there, but get confusing fast.
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

I was out here this past November, kinda forgot about the pics, probably subconsciously forgot about them because they weren't that good and the waterflow was lacking. I got to the bottom by walking opposite of the falls then scrambling down the bank.
1st falls (left one)
Below the first falls:
Mid way up the 2nd falls:
A nearby plunge up the road from the park

lots of 'stuff' in the way, no defined trails to the bottom, viewing is through the trees. I would go back during spring run off - and in fact, may be the only time to go. This reminds me A LOT like 3 Falls Woods in Manlius, which only show it's true character early in the season.
Matt
President
President

i got lost ... found one of the three falls... it was almost dry. So at least you found something.. and got decent photos to boot.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Matt: The next time you go down to Clockville,NY, you may want to check out another falls in the general area too.
http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=43.02749,-75.74468&z=15&t=T I met someone recently, He & his wife were down there sometime ago. He had a picture of this falls on his cell phone, that he showed me. It looked like a nice falls and you can see a glimpse of it from the road. I marked it on your acme mapper. There's a " moose " crossing sign on the side of the road where you'll see the falls from road. There is a cave below falls area too, BUT it's a shallow cave with some unusual natural carvings. I saw a picture of that too. When you go to view other falls you marked on map, take someone with you that is either: short & stocky or older. This way if there's any bears in that cave, you'll make a quick exit and let bears take the slower runners LMBO ! Sorry I'm not available :lol: I'll get to the fellow that has pictures on his phone and see if he can email me pixs to post on here. To give you an idea of what the falls looks like. marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Matt
President
President

Marty,
that Acme Mapper link just points to the park.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Matt: Maybe I pasted wrong map here. Here's a new copy of link I was talking about:
http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=43.02875,-75 ... ville%20NY
Yes it does show the park area too ! Ballon "B" is where the other falls is that a friend told me about. Once I get over to where he works, I'll get him to email pictures of it to me. That's the best I can do ! If someone is going down there to take pictures where you were ? It doesn't seem to be that far away to go over and check out the other location.... Just trying to help !
marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Matt
President
President

That's still within the park... the park has three major falls each one within the dip in the oxbow shape of the scarp. Two are seasonal, the one you point on that map is the largest of the tributaries.
Matt
President
President

Fenner official sees big potential in small-scale electric power project at Clockville Creek
Fenner, NY -- Clockville Creek will soon do more than provide a scenic backdrop for disc golf, hiking and other outdoor activities as it winds its way through the 124-acre Oxbow Falls Park in the town of Lincoln.
The small stream’s moving waters will generate enough electricity to power new bathrooms and lighted picnic facilities at the county park in central Madison County, through a micro-hydroelectricity project that alternative-energy advocates hope will be
the first of many across New York state.
read on...
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/ ... poten.html