Oxbow Falls, Clockville

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Marty,
that Acme Mapper link just points to the park.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Matt: Maybe I pasted wrong map here. Here's a new copy of link I was talking about:
http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=43.02875,-75 ... ville%20NY
Yes it does show the park area too ! Ballon "B" is where the other falls is that a friend told me about. Once I get over to where he works, I'll get him to email pictures of it to me. That's the best I can do ! If someone is going down there to take pictures where you were ? It doesn't seem to be that far away to go over and check out the other location.... Just trying to help !
marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Matt
President
President

That's still within the park... the park has three major falls each one within the dip in the oxbow shape of the scarp. Two are seasonal, the one you point on that map is the largest of the tributaries.
Matt
President
President

Fenner official sees big potential in small-scale electric power project at Clockville Creek
Fenner, NY -- Clockville Creek will soon do more than provide a scenic backdrop for disc golf, hiking and other outdoor activities as it winds its way through the 124-acre Oxbow Falls Park in the town of Lincoln.
The small stream’s moving waters will generate enough electricity to power new bathrooms and lighted picnic facilities at the county park in central Madison County, through a micro-hydroelectricity project that alternative-energy advocates hope will be
the first of many across New York state.
read on...
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/ ... poten.html
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

I went to the park today. Took some photos of the top falls. One of the other members in here went with me. We found out that
"Buttermilk Falls" on Timmerman road is "OFF LIMITS" to everyone. The owner owns both sides of this falls. And does not want any visitors.
Falls #5 Oxbow area.PNG
Falls #5 Oxbow area.PNG (888.91 KiB) Viewed 6358 times
Oxbow falls map 101.PNG
Oxbow falls map 101.PNG (1.04 MiB) Viewed 6358 times
OB falls 172 sml.JPG
OB falls 172 sml.JPG (184.67 KiB) Viewed 6358 times
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
greengecko
Rookie

Just visited oxbow today. Two of the falls were dry or close to it, but the third was running and it was the easiest to get to. When you park at the ball field lot there is a creek you cross to get to the park. Follow that creek downstream and it has a little path beside it going into the woods. The creek goes over a series of falls. I think that's the third falls, but I'm not certain. The other two are on the trail which starts from the ball field.

The other trails are all blazed and marked pretty well and seem to all loop around rather than be one-way, but we only verified that with one trail and not the other. The trails are wide and have bridges, which seem optimistic about water flow, you can skip them.

It was a nice walk through heavy canopy woods with little undergrowth. The bathrooms were really nice and there are shelters with picnic tables.