Three Falls Woods

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Rate Three Falls Woods

1 - Ugly, Not worth the trip
No votes
2 - Could be better
No votes
3 - OK, See it if you are in the area
11%
4 - Beautiful, worth the trip.
22%
5 - Must see, worth revisiting
67%

Total votes: 9
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Dawson wrote:Though I appreciate nature & sharing it as much as anyone I will ask you, nicely I hope herein, to REMOVE today all references and information of what you call Three Falls Woods from, and all references to this PRIVATE PROPERTY from your nice website.
This is PRIVATE PROPERTY owned by one of the nicest individuals you would ever want to meet, BUT their are groups of individuals who have made several posts of maps of this property and assumed some incredible forms of (nearly assumed rights) and nearly indicating ownership and property rights that they clearly do not have. One would assume these folks would be greatly offended, if their own properties, were published as public domain and would not appreciate creating invitations to tresspass.

There have additionally been published in print, and on internet videos, extremely unsafe and dangerous activites taking place on this property while they were actually TRESSPASSING on it. This includes a number of groups climbing high on sheer faces of the rocks and Mountain Bikers setting up jumps, removing rocks on the rock walls, and videos of crashes. There has been also damage to areas of this private property.

This land has been Posted for sometime & those postings have even been removed so this will unfortunatly need to be policed.

Essentially there is a group that claims to be a "green" interest group creating much of these misnomers and assuming this as "Our Greenspace". It could certianly be "their" greenspace should they purchase it but it only appears that their only choices have been to undully infringe on the property rights of others and tresspass and encourage others to do the same. Private Property rights are a very specific provision in the United States Constitution and a very important provision placed there for all of Americans by our Founding Fathers.

An even more unseemly effort by some Leaders in this "Malius Greenspace Coalition" has been made, by their personal requests (to the proper parties) that IF, a few acres of this beautiful land were to be deeded over to them personally, their groups efforts to prohibit this land being legally and properly used would, as they stated, that this Group's efforts ".......will all go away." This type of Blackmail is not what the owner ever would be a part of.
Moreover, those very "Greenspace Leaders" (private land grab behind the scenes dealing efforts) appear to therein fully entertain a betrayal of the efforts and costs they encourage others to make. This fully seems to "fly in the face" of their rhetoric and be thoroughly be disingenuous both to their "group" and to the public officials whose time thay have considerably taken up, at the public's expense.

I am sure the Ownner of this Private Property will appreciate your taking the Three Falls Woods references off all your publications, Website and otherwise.
If that is a rpoblem please contact us & thanks in advance.
I make reference to the property being privately owned and that we are unsure of the real status. The information stays. The property owner can contact me directly to discuss changing the page content to reflect the current status of the land. Although I do not endorse trespassing, I like to have as accurate information as i can get and right now I have a lot of information telling me it is accessible, and one message board post telling me it is not. Once i get valid info, I will make the necessary updates. I will not remove all content pertaining to Three Falls Woods on the basis that it would be private property as our information was obtained through legal means. That is ridiculous and childish request. Especially coming from an anonymous message board poster. I'm not being an asshole to landowners with this policy. I'm just not deleting info because "Stranger A" wants to be an authority. I refuse to even argue the basis for removing/not removing information. It is a ridiculous request that zero grounding. That is a job for my lawyer to explain, who already has the statement he can mail to you upon request. This is not the first time I have gotten requests like this. It wont be the last. I don't deal with them. I just provide the information as i can collect it. People do what they want. At least I make an effort to inform with updated information. Regardless of the ownership 3 Falls Woods has been legally accessible for a period of time. During that time we collection photos and information. Just because the status changes, doesn't mean our information has no right to be published.

If the true landowner wants to update me with status information, I am obliged to update my website and inform my readers. As a courtesy, I usually hide driving directions, trail info, and parking info and put up a stern warning if warranted. I do not delete other content just because a site is private (unless the content was obtained illegally by the NYfalls.com staff). That is just silly.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

You tell em Matt!
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

Rumors that this waterfall is now posted. Anyone else hear anything?
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

:(
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Moemoe
Rookie

As of today the trail head on Sweet Rd. is posted, but there is a trail head at the end of Glencliffe Rd. that isn't. There were a few cars and an RV parked there when I drove past, but I didn't see anyone coming or going. Lot is here- http://maps.google.com/maps?q=N+42.9918 ... 20&vpsrc=6 .
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Thanks for the updated info. I added a note about the Sweet Rd trail being posted to the page on this. :up:
Moemoe
Rookie

Rt. 173 trails are posted also. Sweet Rd has postings every 50 yards or so except for areas that are people's homes.
ggoff

Last week (8/2016) my husband and I hiked on the Glenclif entrance to Three Falls Woods and found numerous private property postings all over the initial entrance to the woods. I guess this means it, too, is off limits?