Arkwright Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

NOACCESS
Rookie

This is Scott & I'm alive. The land next to us has changed hands recently, ours has not, it just has changed family members. My 2 aunts own it, since their father passed. 1 aunt lives herein NY & the other in NC. I live in Arkwright. I will soon be picking up the trash down there as the weather breaks.
Jeduthan
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Kodak Easyshare C1450

Perhaps it's not my place to suggest this, as I live across the state and would not be able to make good on my own suggestion. But if Scott were agreeable, and if there were any local interested members of this community that would like to help with the clean up around the falls/property, then they might exchange messages about times and date(s). We enjoy waterfalls and this might be a way at least some of us could help a landowner with a burden not of his own making.
NOACCESS
Rookie

I thank you for the offer, however, I highly doubt any members here are the problem. Normally kids are to blame & sometimes so called adults(20 to 30). I don't always check this board. The only time you see me at the falls without a smile is when I catch someone doing wrong...ie chopping down our trees
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I don't think out members would object at all to helping clean up a beautiful property. It's a part of the spirit here and has been proposed numerous times. If you ever need help, let us know.
anon

Is an absoulte shame the land owners have disrespected this special place for their own financial intrest. What was once a special forrest is becoming their money pit for lumber. Trees are being cut throughout the whole property and the paths are being rutted by heavy machinery. Obviously the public has no legal say in what the owners do with their land and they must meet their taxes but this was one of the last places people could go to escape our commercialized world. Heard from a friend about the damage done to the path. I only hope they are planning on replanting what was taken.