Buttermilk Falls, Peekamoose Valley, Catskills

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Yet another falls dubbed "Buttermilk" in NY. These falls are roadside, and less than a 5 minute hike will bring you to the base of the main section. If time weren't limited..
Des219 wrote: It was hard to balance wanting to stop and photograph vs. my wife wanting to get to our destination :)
we would have stopped at several other feeder streams as they were all running and looked to have potential.

Buttermilk Falls by Kyle Hobart, on Flickr
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

Great falls, must look awesome in autumn with higher water!
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

I hope to be back there when foliage should be peaking and tackle 2 more 35ers as these falls form the drainage between the two.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
orlcam88
Rookie
Camera Model: Canon 60D

I just visited this falls yesterday. Beautiful falls with a little watering hole about waist high. I didn't swin in it as anything under 70 degrees is just too cold for me!