Secret Caverns - 100ft Underground Waterfall

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Interesting, I suppose that's possible. I know I've seen the flow at different volumes the different times I've been there, as mentioned above, during a rainstorm it was gushing and very powerful. I would guess they might have a pump hooked up to make it flow even when the natural water levels are low. Thinking on it now, I've never been there, even during a hot dry summer, when it wasn't flowing at least somewhat.
LGD
RichieC
Rookie

5/28/18 just went to Howe Caverns today - great time! Ironically, the topic of the underground falls at Secret Caverns came up and the tour guide did indicate that it was a 'man-made' falls using a pump as SctSnyder indicated above.

Not sure why the tour guide felt the need to say it unless it were true, but then again, maybe saying it to cast a doubt on the credibility of Secret Caverns. It would be interesting to find out if there is any validity to this rumor and if so, why bother to go through such trouble. Interesting potential debate I suppose.
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Interesting!