Sylvan Falls- Hopkinton, NY

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Dingoblu
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Nikon N 80, kodak easy share

Made it to Sylvan Falls the other day, at first glance it didn't look like there was going to be much there, but it turned out to be a decent waterfall after all and definately a fast moving one!

The bridge that goes into a hunting club at the top of the falls. The water on the other side appears so calm.

It starts out small

And then starts to drop

There is a huge boulder in the middle that it splits around about halfway down. The sun and the mist it was throwing made it tough to get a decent shot

Very easy to get to, take RT 72 out of Hopkinton and turn onto the Beede Rd, from there take the Santamont Rd to the Sylvan Falls Rd. You can see the falls through the trees just before you get to the parking spot by the bridge. From there its just a matter of skidding down the hill to the bottom and following along the riverbank.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Another nice one! :up:
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Very nice photos thanks for sharing !
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Thanks for posting. It certainly looks to be spread out over a wide area. I added this to the big list.
Dingoblu
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Nikon N 80, kodak easy share

Thanks guys.. I know the pics aren't as great as some of the ones posted here, but I'm working with a point and shoot digital that doesn't allow for shutter speed settings.. I need to upgrade!

Quite a few falls around this area from Hopkinton to Colton
Faulkner

Sylvan Falls is private land and is posted by the Flower Hill Club. Did you get permission ? Somehow I doubt it.
Last edited by Matt on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack is a violation of the rules, you would think someone so focused on following rules would not do this, but i guess not. hmmm.
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Faulkner wrote:Sylvan Falls is private land and is posted by the Flower Hill Club. Did you get permission ? Somehow I doubt it. (PERSONAL ATTACK - removed!)
David - (may I call you David? Or do you prefer Mr. Schryver?) Does coming here under a guest name, with your tail feathers spread wide, your presumptions blazing and your chest puffed out - attacking this poster from 6 years ago - make you feel important?
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

It may be private, but is it accessible? Like this "Club"... does it have members that can access the land, or invite others? I'm not going to mark a place private based on no source info.
Faulkner, your personal insult has been removed and you have been warned. That shit may fly on hack clone websites like northern waterfalls , or something, but not here. ;)