2010 - What's Missing?

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

So thats School 7? I didnt make it out there to ask the people at the house like I had hoped to this year :(

Grimes Glen Climb and Explore
hobkyl wrote:Ill be there so if you want to meet up Chris just say the word. Not sure where yet but I will be in Naples probably early and will be checking out Tannery, Conklin and or Clarks, and attempting to find and gain permission to access the land that holds this.....

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=r3f4vy ... vl=2&sty=b
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Here's another one from the naturalhighs site that I've always wondered about...

http://naturalhighs.net/waterfalls/falls00/henrie.htm
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hobkyl

“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl

And Im actually wondering if what you believe is School 7 fallls might be Henrie Gully...as her description is that it flows into the "West River tributary of Canandaigua Lake in Yates County." That puts it in the right area. The heights of the falls seem more acurate in relation to aerial views of the gully.
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

We visited McMillan about 5 years ago. It's a nice 20 foot high really wide falls. Maybe 50 feet wide. The width of the creek. It's on private property and the owners of the house at the creek entrance were very gracious and welcoming when I asked if we could walk the creek.

Silver Lake Outlet has a nice series of falls on it. A good side trip when visiting Letchworth.

Henrie is most likely some other gully, not School 7. In their description it says they went looking for School 7 gully and ended up at that gully instead.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hobkyl

Only she knows I guess...since those names arent documented anywhere. I would say that Henrie or School 7 (depending on your thinking)is the gully just north of there. The upper portion of the gully is near where Kaltenback Road dead ends.
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl

Ok nevermind my previous ramblings. Acme Mapper does mark the gully near Caward Crossing as
"School 7".
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
bremer
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 230

Clifton Falls is posted heavily from Fry Road. The falls is just beneath the road and you can see the crest from the car. There is also a park just downstream that might offer access. Enechelon Glen in the "shh" category is in Ithaca. I wont say the name out of respect to Ruth but its pretty easy to figure out and one that's been discussed before.
"Now I see the Secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth" - W. Whitman
Roots Photography