Official waterfall topics - Post there when possible

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Before you post any new topic, try to see if there is already an official topic. If there is a waterfall profile already linked on the Waterfalls page, it may already have an official topic you can post to. Scroll to the bottom of a waterfall's profile page to find links to topics have been designated official for that waterfall and post there if it fits.

The list of official topics for any given waterfall is found at the bottom center of the water profile page in a blue box, just above the advertisements.

That'll help keep this section of the forum clean.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Hello Everyone:I wish the best holidays to all.
I found another waterfalls not on the list. I have a shot of it from the road. I was about 300 feet from it. It's about 6 to 7 feet tall and 30 feet wide. I plan on getting back down to one soon to get in and take a better picture.I put my first shot on webshots, in my water falls album.
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Mark J
Senior
Senior

I believe that this is the pic Marty is talking about...

http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2292 ... 2157ISxxYS

Thanks for sharing Marty, let us know what else you find.

Mark J
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Looks like a dam spillway. Any idea where that is?

Chris
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hdrmike2010
Rookie
Camera Model: alpha200, alpha380, and fugi s100fs

Salmon river falls:

When I looked at the excellent photos of Salmon river falls I noticed that that no mention is made of the falls that I saw there in June 2009. I do not know if they are seasonal--I assume they are--but on the right below the parking lot I glimpsed a fairly impressive falls I tried to get a clear shot but was unable and I didn't have the proper footwear to attempt to get further.
Wintersewer
Rookie

Buttermilk Falls We hiked all the trails here today, Oct 17, 2010. The day was beautiful as was the gorge, but the trails were NOT well marked. We hiked up the right side of the gorge and went around the loop around Lake Treman (sp???) and had to double back around because there was no continuous loop as the map showed. There was NO sign anywhere. I had to call the office to find how to get back down, but the gate girl did not know anything about the trails. I HOPE everyone made it back by dark, since this situation made the hike longer by 30-45 minutes.