Delphi Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

bobross
Rookie

sorry the images are so big, if you right click and select "open image in new tab" you'll see them in full view where you can see the lower falls clearly. It was amazing seeing them in real life!
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

bobross wrote:sorry the images are so big, if you right click and select "open image in new tab" you'll see them in full view where you can see the lower falls clearly. It was amazing seeing them in real life!
No worrries. It's all good now. The Img2 tag is one way to present them here in a smaller preview size - and they're then clickable for the larger version.
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing these!
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Harold
Rookie

Hello, I am a new member. First of all, I want to inform everyone that I have provided the funding for CNY Land Trust to acquire about 80 acres of Three Falls Woods in the Town of Manlius, Onondaga County (it is listed on this website). The closing should happen this week or next. For further information, you can contact the land trust. What is being acquired is the best part, and includes all three waterfalls. I have also made it possible for the land trust to add nearly 40 acres to their 7 or so-acre property named Brickyard Falls View (also in the Town of Manlius,Onondaga County). It doesn't make seeing the falls any easier, but it is a beautiful site. This will probably be closing at the same time.

Mainly, I write to let you know that I have a contract to purchase Delphi Falls in Madison County, to donate it to the county. The county has agreed to accept it and make it their premier county park. I am providing most of the funds, the county is adding what they can, but we are $150,000 short. Today I set up a GoFundMe account (go to their web page and then search for Delphi Falls, NY). I am not involved in social media (no Facebook or Twitter account), so I need to rely on interested parties like you to get the word out. We have less than six weeks to raise the money before my contract expires. I hope you can help, by donating or spreading the news. The property has been in private hands for about 80 years. The two waterfalls are spectacular. I would love to see it become available to the public in perpetuity. If this doesn't work out, the property may well return to private hands for many more years. I appreciate whatever you can do to help.
Last edited by Kelly on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged with existing topic
tennant
Rookie

What wonderful news Harold! My parents (who live in New Woodstock) just sent me the article that appeared in the Cazenovia Republican (January 10, 2018) with the news. Thank you for your generosity. I had a chance to meet Mrs. Allen several years ago. The property is an absolute jewel. It's going to be hard to wait the few years it is expected to transform this into an accessible park.
RichieC
Rookie

8.30.18 - Hey Waterfall Fans and Gullywhumpers alike! Great news!! Delphi Falls has now been purchased and made into a public park. Was there tonight, and it is fantastic!

Check this article out: https://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf ... dding.html#
RichieC
Rookie

photos at Delphi Falls park on 8/30/18
Attachments
8.30.18 delphi falls alone.jpg
8.30.18 delphi falls alone.jpg (57.42 KiB) Viewed 7459 times
8.30.18 delphi falls 2.jpg
8.30.18 delphi falls 2.jpg (59.46 KiB) Viewed 7459 times
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Very nice!
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic