Waterfall on Wiscoy Creek

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I was mapping Mills Mills falls and Wiscoy Falls and saw this on the topo and Satellite images, it looks like a falls... I don't see anything about it.
MAP
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

It sure looks like a falls. What is that road on the bottom left? And is that Wiscoy Creek? If I knew what some of those landmarks were I may know if its a falls I've been to or not. If its not, it might be something worth investigating! :D
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

It is Wiscoy creek and the road is Armison Rd. Look like a drop of about 10 feet acording to the topo info.
cbobcat49

aha! Now I see exaclty where that is in my Gazeteer. Just downstream from Mills Mills Falls. (which isn't a natural falls - manmade, if I remember right) We were there about 3 years ago and downstream looked like a promising creekwalk but there were very serious looking Posted, No Tresspassing signs at the obvious place where you'd enter in to start walking downstream... so we didn't. I suppose it would be worth going back there to see if there's a name and address on those signs and asking permission. I've had success just asking before. Its worth a try.

Chris
Falzguy

This waterfall is on private land and the owner must be contacted for access.
cbobcat49

see the above post.
RockvilleBill
Rookie

[img2]http://i40.tinypic.com/35n0v29.jpg[/img2]

Beautiful Falls, if you hike to the top there's also a 40' high dam which has water cascading over creating a manmade 40' falls. You can't see it from the road. The water actually hurts if you try to get beneath it. There's also a couple of water created potholes about 15' in diameter and about 15' deep that you can jump off a ledge into. The last time I went alot of people were doing it. I did it 2x. The first time I didn't even touch the bottom! The second time I did barely, so I'm just estimating the depth. I got talked into jumping. Locals were diving head first but not me. When you get to the edge of the hole it's only 1' deep.
Last edited by Kelly on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Switched to IMG2 tag
SteveLig2

It's off of Rt 19A below Letchworth State Park and is worth the drive. I didn't see a way to hike on land but I think you can go up the stream bed. This shot was taken from the bridge.

Last edited by Kelly on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed image link. :o)